Monday, June 1, 2015

"Grim" Teacup

My dear, you have the grim!
Now I am probably one of the hugest nerds out there and have wanted a mug like this for  a very long time. At my most recent goodwill run, I found the cutest little white teacup and I knew it was right for this project. I actually found this youtube tutorial (I know I know not Pinterest) for the project and edited it a bit myself.
My sister made me a mug for christmas last year, so I asked her how she made it safe to use/dishwasher safe and so this tutorial was formed.

What you need:

  • White Mug
  • Sharpie
  • Oven

Let's get started:

  1. Clean your mug thoroughly.
  2. Start by drawing your grim head just using dots. You want it to resemble tea leaves.
  3. Continue adding a few more "leaves" around the cup.
  4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F in order to set the marker and make it dishwasher safe. 
  • Let cool and enjoy! 

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment